After compressing your drive C: you get this message:
bootmgr is compressed ctrl + alt + del to restart the computer.
Few of us compress our drives to save disk space when we are running out of space and after compression of C: drive ,boot manager also get compressed and we get error message on next reboot.
Many times I’ve faced this problem ,Few times i formatted my computer But to get it solved and to protect my data from getting lost i tried to revere the process of compression and it WORKED !!!
• Insert the installation DVD in your system.
• Click Repair your computer.
• Then click on Load Driver.
• Go to Computer.
• Right click on the partition you previously compressed and choose Properties.
• Then uncheck “Compress drive to increase space available”.
• Then close all windows to restart the computer.