Root Access For Your Galaxy Y duos
How To :
1. Download & copy the below attached “update.zip” to the root of your sdcard.
2. Turn off phone.
3. Press & hold (Power + Volume Up + Home) keys & release when sgy duos logo appears.
4. You will be in recovery, select “select update.zip from sdcard”.
Remember in recovery touchscreen will not work use volume up down & home keys.
5. Select “update.zip”.
For those who don’t know… cwm is the advanced recovery console for your device, using which you can :
1. Nandroid backup & restore.
2. Flash custom rom & other advanced updater-scripts.
3. Partition/Format sdcard.
4. Calibrate battery by wiping battery stats.
5. And more…
Originally Posted at xda-forums
1. download this file
2. put this in you sdcard (put it directly, not in any folder or anywhere) and it sould be named as “update.zip ” without the quotes
3. switch off phone
4. Now Boot you phone in recovery mode by pressing Home Key+Volume Up Key + Power Key together for few seconds until you see samsung galaxy y logo
5. After that you will be taken to a menu, in this UI your touchscreen facility will not work, so use volume keys for scrolling up and down, home button to select and power key to go back.
6. In that menu select update from SD card and select the zip file which you have recently copied it in your SD card.Remember: following procedure is applicable for this model only(GT-S6102),may not work for other and I'm not responsible if u brick your phone or if something goes wrong. Suggestions and Queries are welcomed,I'll try to resolve it.